Restrictive Lung Disease
The lungs possess a characteristic property known as 'compliance', which helps their expansion and contraction. The state in which the capability of compliance is dropped is termed restrictive lung disease. In case of people affected by this condition, the lungs may become stiff and are not able to expand properly. Stiffness of the chest wall, weak muscles, or damaged nerves could be responsible for the shortcoming of the lungs to expand fully. The intrinsic or even main reason behind this problem is pulmonary fibrosis, which in turn is a medical condition that is characterized by the scarring of the lungs.
The surgical marks spread throughout the tissues lastly are usually converted into a fibrotic mass. As the tissue turn out to be fibrotic, their suppleness is dropped. Together with the increased tightness in the tissue, the lung function gets adversely affected. This reduces remarkable ability to release oxygen in the bloodstream. Other medical conditions that could contribute to this lung problem include sarcoidosis, obesity hypoventilation syndrome, scoliosis, or neuromuscular diseases.
- Milk: Drinking milk is not a cause behind white phlegm.
- However, it thickens the particular mucous which makes it harder to discharge it.
- Therefore, stay away from excessive consumption of milk or dairy products when you have a throat infection.
- Make sure you keep drinking a lot of water, and get enough rest apart from following the over home remedies.
- If the remedies given above don't help to get better within 14 days, or even if the symptoms grow to be a whole lot worse, then seek a doctor's help.
How to Get Rid of Mucus in Lungs
For more information on how to get rid of mucus in lung, these may interest you. http://geni.us/9tCtAzY http://geni.us/GWcFFA http://geni.us/ZWfvH7 (affiliate links.)
- Chronic Bronchitis: This is a much more serious situation and is often caused due to smoking.
- The color of sputum might be whitened, yellow, or green in color.
- This condition may well prevail for weeks.
- But one thing to remember is that you need to get rid of the excessive mucus by coughing it out.
- There are mucolytics which thin the mucus and make it easier to cough out the excess phlegm.
- Also, you will find expectorants which make spitting out less difficult.
- But just in case a person has lung infection, antibiotics can be prescribed by a doctor.
Let Us Look At the Causes and Treatment Related to this Symptom.
CausesAcute Bronchitis: Severe bronchitis or chest cool happens when the lining of the bronchial tubes obtain inflamed. In this condition there is a production of clear or white mucus. You could also have a persistent cough.
John is a content specialist at nutriburner.com, a collection of articles about alternative health tips. Previously, John worked as a manager for a well-known tech software site. When he's not researching articles, John enjoys painting and archery.