Chronic Cough with Phlegm
Cough is a sudden and repetitive reflex that helps clear the large breathing passages from secretions, irritants, foreign bodies, and microbes. It is important to note that, it is not a disease, but a self-defense mechanism of the body, which is triggered by the presence of unwanted particles in the respiratory tract. Coughing can be a voluntary or an involuntary action. Phlegm is a sticky, slimy secretion, produced to get rid of the foreign body. Phlegm, also called post nasal drip, is a manifestation of cold, sinusitis, and pneumonia, which leads to excessive mucus in throat.
All of us have suffered from phlegm, which may be as a result of common cold, bronchitis, or an infection. Chronic cough and phlegm should not be neglected, as it can be a result of a serious lung condition. As a matter of fact, cough with phlegm is better than persistent cough with no secretion, as accumulation of phlegm can lead to chest infection or other health complications.
Home RemediesRemember, even after you have determined the cause, and your cough persists despite making use of the above-mentioned home remedies, it is recommended that you visit a doctor for further treatment.
- To stop a sinus cough, you must strictly avoid all those allergens that can increase coughing.
- Smokers should stop smoking.
- Non-smokers should avoid exposure to secondhand smoking.
- There are some foods that increase mucus production.
- They are caffeine, desserts, dairy products, fatty foods, etc.
- When you are suffering from sinus cough, you must either stop eating all these substances or at least minimize their intake until the cough subsides.
- The worst part of a sinus cough is that it worsens at night as the post nasal drip drains at the back of the mouth when you lie done.
- Coughing at night can be controlled by elevating the head with a few extra pillows.
Postinflammatory Pulmonary Fibrosis Lung diseases are serious ailments that impact the lungs, as well as may cause long-term harm with painful effects, on the human body. There are 3 main areas of the lung, which can be affected by disorders: the airway tubes, the blood vessels and...
Is necessary, that the cause of wet cough is detected to rule out any serious medical condition. The methods used to diagnose the condition include chest X-rays, sputum analysis, and blood tests.
3 Best HOME REMEDIES For CHEST CONGESTION Relief
CHEST CONGESTION can be well treated with effective HOME REMEDIES. WATCH THIS VIDEO to know more. Chest congestion can happen due to the ...
Case of severe cough, you should have plenty of water and orange juice, until the symptoms are reduced. In addition to this juice fast, you should adopt an all-fruit diet for about 2-3 days. Follow a balanced diet that includes raw or lightly cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, and whole-grain cereals. Avoid consumption of meats, pickles, condiments, processed foods, sugar, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and all products that are prepared from sugar and white flour.
John is a content specialist at nutriburner.com, a collection of articles about alternative health tips. Previously, John worked as a manager for a well-known tech software site. When he's not researching articles, John enjoys painting and archery.